Colorado Springs, Colorado
Job Title: Surgery Scheduler
Schedules and preauthorizes surgeries for physicians. Schedules other specialized procedures with the medical practice. Schedules follow up appointments in the office.
- Serves as the primary person to coordinate and schedule surgery appointments for physicians.
- Pre-authorizes surgeries through insurance companies and schedules procedures at the designated facility.
- Accurately enters information into the scheduling system.
- Maintains a surgical log for statistical analysis.
- Provides Pre-surgical packets to patients confirming date and pre-operative instructions. This is accomplished by mail or in-person.
- Responsible for coordinating with the surgical facilities for any special equipment or personnel needed for the surgery. (ie surgical assists, surgical equipment).
- Will make sure all pre-operative labs are ordered, tracked for completion, and scanned correctly into the patient’s electronic medical record.
- Responsible for double checking the phone system each day to ensure the call information has been correctly changed and the phone call schedules changed if necessary.
- Responsible for reviewing and double-checking templates after the primary person templates the schedules. Must identify all errors before templates are published.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Surgery Scheduling for Medical Facilities
Carrying Weight Frequency
1-25 lbs. Frequent from 34% to 66%
26-50 lbs. Occasionally from 2% to 33%
1-25 lbs . Seldom, up to 2%
100 + lbs. Seldom, up to 2%
Lifting – Height & Weight Frequency
Floor to Chest, 1 -25 lbs. Occasional: from 2% to 33%
Floor to Chest, 26-50 lbs. Seldom: up to 2%
Floor to Waist, 1-25 lbs. Occasional: from 2% to 33%
Floor to Waist, 26-50 lbs. Seldom: up to 2%
Placement Type: Contract to Direct
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8am-4:30pm
Pay: $17.98 to $31.58 Depending on Experience