Mortgage Loan Officer
Mortgage Loan Officer
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Provides income to Bank by developing a pipeline of qualified mortgage customers. Insuring loans meet Bank and all investor standards. Closing and booking mortgage loans in a timely manner. Solid knowledge of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac underwriting and standards. In addition, experience with VA and FHA lending practices.
• Originate application and determine if meets investors guidelines.
• Process to DU underwriting guidelines, price and register applications with investors to insure loans qualify.
• Comply with all BSA and Compliance regulations.
• Close and post closing documentation follow-up to insure proper recordings and all conditions have been met for purchase by investors
• Close all loan applications with no errors in content and with 100% compliance with all codes and guidelines.
• Submit a complete and accurate loan package to processing department.
• Complete servicing reports for MPF and RMBT mortgage loans, i.e. annual eligibility report and other reports as needed.
• Cross selling on Bank’s products and services.
• Community development involvement.
• Review final HUD for closing.
• Attend loan closings.
• Analyze customer’s credit and financial scenario, determine appropriate loan product.
• Lock loans.
• Provide support in collection and preparation of loan application. If necessary, collect supporting documentation and signatures.
• Minimum gross sales as agreed
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in mortgage banking, preferable in a community bank environment. Desktop Underwriting, CALYX.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Expert-level knowledge of mortgage business, including overall mortgage lending processes and internal controls, as well as federal, state and regulatory requirements/guidelines; valid documentation related to processing mortgage applications.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities; strong detail orientation and highly
• Works with a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
• Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service.
• Demonstrates patience and professionalism when interacting with both internal and external customers.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Problem solving skills; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Advanced knowledge of banking principles.
• Advanced communication and customer service skills.
• Advanced troubleshooting and follow-up skills.
• Solid team player with strong relationship building skills
• In depth knowledge of the mortgage industry
• Mortgage product sales skills, ability to converse with realtors, investors and business leaders
• Generate and maintain mortgage pipeline
Drug screening required
Upon hire must be able to pass an drug/alcohol screening and credit screening
Frequent travel to Florence location REQUIRED as needed
Pay: $14.00/hour. Position would go to straight commission upon hire.
Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00 AM- 5:00 PM)