Colorado Springs, Colorado
It is critical to have a strong understanding and familiarity substation protection and design and substation hazards. They should have sufficient training to feel confident entering energized substations (accompanied), as they will need to be doing so for the projects.
Electrical design for the protection and control of substation projects (ie. Replacing old relays with microprocessor relays).
Project manager for substation projects (leading teams and meetings, tracking schedule, reserving materials, etc.)
- Participating and providing input in developing engineering and construction standards
- Strengthening technical knowledge as needed for designing substation equipment projects and specifications and knowledge share with co-workers and team members
- Engaging other groups in the organization in technical discussions and awareness
- Producing quality design packages necessary for installing new and replacing aged substation equipment and controls
- Providing substation technical support through planning, design, construction, commissioning, and energization
- Providing technical guidance to other engineers on complex engineering designs
- Facilitating meetings, and effectively communicating between stakeholders and the project team
- Providing support in developing scope, schedule and budget for complex substation projects during project planning, then taking lead during project delivery (Microsoft Project or Primavera experience preferred)
Contract for 6 months possible extention
Monday through Friday