Colorado Springs, Colorado
HR Generalist for defense contractor in Colorado Springs
Seeking a highly motivated, positive Human Resource Generalist with a courteous and professional attitude for its Corporate Office in Colorado Springs. The ideal candidate will demonstrate solid customer service skills, great organization, and attention to detail in a fast-paced office environment. The HR Generalist will be responsible for prioritizing work and completing assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
This is not a teleworking opportunity, nor does it offer relocation. Local candidates will have first consideration.
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior management in supporting multiple geographic regions. This position may carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, training, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
· Administers benefit plans such as Medical/Dental/Life/Vision/AD&D/401(k).
· Administers AAP, FMLA and Workers Compensation programs.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, itemizing and preparing bills for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts heavy recruitment effort for domestic and overseas employees;
- Assists in handling employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
· Inputs employee information and benefit deductions into payroll system.
· Submits and monitors the progress of pre-employment background checks.
· Manages and reviews candidate paperwork to ensure accurate and timely completion.
· Provides follow-up correspondence to candidates regarding recruiting status via phone or email.
· Performs benefit plan enrollments via carrier websites and self-service modules.
· Resolves employee benefit issues.
· Assists in Open Enrollment activities.
· Reconciles health insurance invoices for payment.
Administers the Company Uniform Program.
· Coordinates pre-employment physicals and testing.
Required Education and Experience
· At least five to seven (5 to 7) years of solid, Human Resources experience as a Generalist.
Experience with government contracts SCA and/or Collective Bargaining environments preferred.
· Advanced experience with Excel spreadsheets.
· Previous experience working with an ATS, HRIS or related HR database system
· Previous working experience with Payroll systems, ie: Paychex, Paycom.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure, maintain composure and balance priorities
in a dynamic environment to meet critical deadlines
· Excellent written & verbal communication
· Strong analytical, problem solving & organization skills
· Ability to multitask in demanding environment
· Must complete pre-employment process to include physical, background investigation and drug screening.
Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments; Focuses on solving conflicts; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things. Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional but casual office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Drug screening required
Pay: $26.44/hour-$33.65/hour depending upon experience
Schedule: Full-time (8:00 am- 5:00 pm Mon-Fri)