Materials Analytics Technician
Materials Analytics Technician
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Material Analytics Technician
Summary: Will be involved in incoming inspection of piece parts, including steam age and solder ability testing, operating all lab tools, including but not limited to SEM’s DSC, FIT, epoxy potting of samples, cross sectioning. The position requires an individual who can work with limited supervision, must be a hands-on individual who is willing to learn how to operate individual analysis tools.
- Physically inspect all incoming product and verify they meet order requirements and specifications. Perform analytical tests and take samples as required for various products.
- Repackage and label product as needed and release into production or inventory control
- Identify and control nonconforming product and complete related documentation.
- Communicate activities on daily basis to include work performed, problems encountered and resolution.
- Assist in performance of audits of production, quality, equipment/tooling, and systems to assure compliance to documented procedures and customer specifications.
- Ensures that documents, records, and samples are cataloged, archived, and stored, readily accessible and in a suitable environment which minimizes chance of damage, deterioration, or loss, including maintaining a Records Archive.
- Maintain calibration equipment.
- Identify gaps or deficiencies in quality management system and provide solution-based suggestions utilizing data to facilitate improvements. Capable of supporting implementation of process monitoring, sampling, and process auditing.
- Assist with corrective actions using problems solving tools and methodologies to assure closure of issues/events and prevent recurrence.
- Assist with training other personnel in quality systems and standards
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment by maintaining an organized and efficient work area.
- Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and approved cleanroom protocol.
- Participates in promoting a company atmosphere that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- Detailed oriented and well organized. Capable of performing and prioritizing quality operations in more than one quality functional area: Incoming, In-line monitors/audits, final inspections
- Must be proficient user in MS office applications. Knowledgeable in ERP systems (i.e., SAP), as well as quality monitoring and control systems.
- Experience working with microscopes, automated vision systems, calipers, gage blocks, mechanical tests etc.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and effectively manage time and priorities.
- A strong safety mind set, not only in work practices, but also in identifying issues and proposing corrective actions.
- Ability to work hours based on business and facility needs, which may include skewed schedules with work on weekends and holidays as required.
- Must be able to work in a team setting.
Background check and drug screen required
Contract to Direct
Core schedule Monday through Friday but must be able to work skewed schedules with work on weekends and holidays as required.