Colorado Springs, Colorado
Qualifications: 3+ years of experience Candidates must exercise a degree of independent judgment and discretion in the development of recommendations concerning the appropriate strategy, cost savings, timing and impact of contracting and sourcing methods. GEP Smart Microsoft Office Suite Analyze complex and unique contract requirements to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and municipal laws and regulations. Negotiations Mitigating risk Customer Service Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with high workload
Responsibilities: Analyzes unique contract requirements, special provisions, and terms and conditions to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and municipal laws and regulations. Also provide guidance and direction to internal customers on contracting policies and processes. Issue RFPs, RFQs, and Invitation for Bids (IFBs), once all documents had been reviewed and approved. Review responses for responsiveness. Responsible for performing a broad range of analytical and evaluative tasks related to the solicitation, evaluation and contract execution for various projects. Advises Project Manager on proper solicitation method by evaluating factors such as: risk analysis, budget and cost, and timing requirement. Facilitates formal bid/ proposals procedures for goods and services, construction, contracts, and award of formal and informal bid contracts and purchase orders. Use of the proper contracts (Engineering/construction, goods & services, blanket agreements, professional services/consulting, IT/software) including terms and conditions, firm fixed and cost reimbursable types.
Contract Negotiations (25%) Negotiates contractual terms and conditions, scope, and pricing. Acts as a legal resource for the contracts and negotiations. Mitigates risk and exposure to the company and organization. Monitors and analyzes markets, market trends, prices and products. Exercises proficient negotiation methods and techniques.
- Conducts analysis to determine qualified suppliers for goods and services
- Responds to and develops solutions for inquiries and issues from internal customers
- Partners with City Attorney’s office – Utilities Division to ensure consistency with the contract assessment process
- Facilitates cost analysis, negotiations, and strategies to achieve cost savings
- Acts as subject matter expert analyzes, and interprets contractual issues concerning policies, processes, and legal practices to mitigate risk and resolve issues
- Develops, writes, and edits proposals and associate’s documents
- Interprets and advises on contractual issues concerning policies, processes, and legal practices to mitigate risks and resolve issues
Contract through end of 2022 with possibility of extention
Monday through Friday