Colorado Springs, Colorado
Human Resources Assistant for defense contractor in Colorado Springs
Seeking a highly motivated, positive Human Resource Assistant with an outgoing, courteous, and professional attitude. The ideal candidate will demonstrate solid customer service skills, great organization, and attention to detail in a fast-paced office environment. The HR Assistant will perform a wide range of human resource functions and will be responsible for prioritizing work and completing assignments accurately and timely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Human Resources Assistant will provide administrative support to the HR, Accounting and Operations leadership teams.
- Administering benefit plans such as Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/AD&D/401(k)
- Participating in full cycle recruiting activities to include sourcing candidates, pre-screening, candidate management, new hire processing and deployment to overseas locations.
- Acting as liaison between the organization and employees, external benefits providers and vendors.
- Assisting in administering Workers Compensation and FMLA.
- Scheduling and booking candidate and new hire travel arrangements
- Submitting and monitoring the progress of pre-employment background checks and prescreening.
- Managing and reviewing candidate paperwork to ensure accurate and timely completion
- Providing follow-up correspondence to candidates regarding recruiting status via phone or email.
- Performing benefit plan enrollments via carrier websites and self-service modules
- Resolving employee benefit issues.
- Assisting in Open Enrollment activities.
- Entering data into computer databases, learning new portals.
- Reconciling health insurance invoices for payment
- Coordinating pre-employment physicals and testing.
- Maintaining the integrity of HR records, files and documentation.
- Administering the Company uniform program; ordering employee uniforms and directing shipment to work locations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Associate degree in Human Resources or related field.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of related HR Administrative support required.
- Thorough understanding of office procedures and office computer software applications, especially MS Office, Word, and Excel. Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Previous experience working with Payroll systems, ATS, HRIS or related HR database systems, ie: Paycom, SAP, Taleo
- Previous experience facilitating employee new hire processing.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure, maintain composure and balance priorities in a dynamic environment to meet critical deadlines
- Motivated self-starter with attention to detail, excellent time management and organizational skills who has a sense of urgency and takes pride in delivering high quality administrative support
- Must be able to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Strong analytical, problem solving & organization skills
- Ability to multitask in demanding environment
- Ability to take direction from multiple people
- Experience in a government contractor environment a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
- A career path to grow your professional experiences.
- On the job training provided.
- Medical, dental, vision benefits as well as certain other health and wellness benefits.
- 401(k) plan with Company match
- Paid time off
- Life and Accident Insurance
- 10 Holidays
- Work hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- No relocation is offered with this position.
- This is not a remote opportunity.
Pay: $20.00/hour + depending upon experience
Schedule: Full-time (8:00 am- 5:00 pm Mon-Fri)