Engineering Tech II
Engineering Tech II
Colorado Springs, Colorado
The role of Engineering Technician will be responsible for supporting the Final Test, Tape & Reel (TT&R) and SMT (Surface Mount Technology) line operations, shear testing, T&R and tester equipment installation and qualification, ordering and maintaining all SMT boards and stencils, initiate and drive yield analysis and improvement. Fulfilling internal and external customer requests for data. It requires superior organizational skills, and the ability to follow up on assigned tasks.
- Provide technical and engineering support on Final Test (FT) and Tape & Reel (handler, vision inspections, laser marking) to manufacturing and maintenance team (10%).
- Support TT&R for new product evaluation, qualification, and engineering evaluation (10%).
- Assist Engineer on T&R and tester equipment installation and qualification (10%).
- Support the initial T&R handler conversion kit installation and qualification (10%).
- Support the installation and qualification of new test sockets and T&R carrier tape (5%).
- Support SMT and ORT process development, equipment set-up and testing (10%).
- Conduct manufacturing testing, printed circuit board level development and support; be involved in the development of SMT and ORT board testing and equipment set-up and testing (10%).
- Assemble PCB’s and test boards with knowledge of soldering required (10%).
- Assist test and product engineering in the development of new product, processes, and testing (5%).
- Conduct engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to collect data (10%).
- Perform operational tests and fault isolation (5%).
- Perform other technical work related to your job duties as assigned (5%).
- Associate Degree in Engineering or related technical degree, preferably with knowledge in Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical/ /or Mechatronics or related industries.
- 2-3 years’ work experience in Semiconductor Final Test or SMT.
- Experience in setup, maintenance/repair, and operation of high speed pick and place machine (tape and reel), SMT, ATE, Test Socket, Shear test, Micro prober.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing environment is an advantage.
- Familiarity with:
- Oscilloscope measurements with standard and specialized plug-ins/probes
- Curve tracer measurements.
- IC circuit measurements using micro-probers
Contract to Direct
Schedule: Initially 1st shift but could be available 2nd or 3rd shifts
Engineering Technicians are eligible for 10% shift differential for swing swings or 15% shift differential for night shift