Patient Access Specialist
Patient Access Specialist
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Job Summary: Works as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide answers to inquiries and questions, troubleshoot problems and provide information, intervention or referrals with a professional and respectful customer service focus telephonically and/or in person. Provides a variety of support services in connection to the day-to-day operations in a health care environment servicing patients. Duties include: Greet as first and ongoing point of contact for all patients, staff, or visitors entering building. checking in and referring patients and staff to appropriate resources. Provides pertinent information and recommendations to manager in accordance with the center/program goals and objectives. Must be able to consistently stay calm while interacting with patients. Must be able to adapt to a consistently changing fast paced environment that requires excellent multi-tasking skills. Must be flexible with the business needs and report daily with a “can do” approach. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Greets all visitors while making them feel welcome, whether in person or telephonically, and notifies staff of patient arrival and directs visitors to appropriate location using independent judgment to determine those that are requiring priority attention.
- Is responsible for navigating the treatment/services needs of the patient or visitor and assists with: setting appointments, rescheduling and or referring them to internal or external resources and professionals.
- Assists with data entry of new patient paperwork, fax, copy and mailing requests from providers, Assist with ROI completion.
- Seeks and maintains efficiencies for patient’s access processes and develops and maintains strong internal and external working relationships.
- Attends and completes all required job-specific trainings and meetings as designated.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Strong work experience in customer service industry, preferably 2+ years.
- Excellent data entry skills; Type 25+ w.p.m.
- Excellent computer skills, with extensive experience using program within Microsoft Office, to include Word, Outlook and Excel preferred.
- Electronic Health Records experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong ability to interact successfully with a variety of individuals.
- Strong knowledge of “Release of Information “process, preferred.
- Proven work history in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and the expectation to multi-task.
- Bilingual in Spanish (plus)
COVID-19 vaccination required
Flu Shot also required
Schedule: 8:30 AM- 5:30 PM Monday- Friday (during training schedule will be 8:30 AM- 5:30 PM Mon-Fri)