Staff Accountant and AP
Staff Accountant and AP
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Summary/Objective: The Staff Accountant – Accounts Payable (AP) is responsible for the processing of financial transactions for projects and departments across the organization.
This position will report to a Senior Staff Accountant – AP and may have duties and responsibilities across multiple groups within GE Johnson.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Staff Accountant – AP will be responsible for verifying and analyzing AP data, maintaining AP records, and building strong relationships with all departments served.
- Demonstrate understanding and alignment with GE Johnson safety procedures and incorporate these into the department routines, as appropriate.
- Reconcile, verify, and approve invoices. Manage invoices through the process to ensure timely approvals.
- Approve and distribute payments (check-runs) in order to pay invoices in a timely manner.
- Ensure payments are received by vendors through reconciliation of credit card transactions.
- Create and maintain project workflows for invoice approval.
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements.
- Complete job number/job cost codes and general ledger account uploads into online bank accounts daily.
- Compile information weekly to complete workflow status reports.
- Analyze monthly employee benefits reports and ensure proper allocation of charges.
- Create internal invoices for company expenses and ensure alignment to the appropriate departments.
- Assist the Senior Staff Accountant with other AP duties, as requested.
- Build and maintain relationships with departments and vendors served. Communicate effectively and deliver unrivaled support and to gather any missing information needed to process invoices.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders regarding accounting transactions.
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve procedures/policies and recommend changes.
- Actively seek career and professional growth. Attend company and/or industry training offerings. Set performance and learning goals during performance reviews. Actively seek additional development, as appropriate. Demonstrate a willingness to receive and apply coaching and feedback.
- Represent the GE Johnson brand, ethics, and values in the workplace. Model desired professionalism, conduct, and behaviors. Foster collaboration and teamwork. Take initiative and responsibility for work quality.
- Communication – Written and Verbal
- Time Management
- Planning / Organizing
- Attention to detail
- Follow Directions
- Problem Solving / Balanced Decision Making
- Collaboration / Teamwork
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Data entry skills
- Skilled at receiving, understanding, and carrying out assignments with minimal supervision
- Learnability skills
- Prioritization skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Skilled at managing multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Data analysis skills
- Construction accounting knowledge
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
This role will not have any supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and works inside with others. An employee in this role must be comfortable with high volume and fast pace.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, speak, hear, use eye/hand coordination, use motor skills, and use personal office equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The role does not require travel.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Demonstrated previous experience working in accounting
- Experience applying accounting rules, policies, and regulations across all types of financial transactions
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Prior accounts payable experience
- Experience using eCMS or other database/accounting software
- Experience using Bluebeam or other document management software
- Experience applying construction and tax compliance requirements
GE Johnson is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Pay: $21.00/hour + depending upon experience
Schedule: Full-time 40 hours/week (8am-5pm Monday-Friday, but can be flexible if needed)