Colorado Springs, Colorado
The purpose of this position is to perform a wide variety of general secretarial, clerical, and record keeping of an assigned division or program; and to provide general information and assistance to the public regarding City policies and procedures.
- Perform a variety of general secretarial, clerical, and record keeping. Perform secretarial duties in support of City staff; collect summaries and statistics for preparation of various reports, memoranda, and correspondence; and review outgoing material for formatting, grammar, and punctuation. Maintain a calendar of activities, meetings, and various events for assigned staff; and schedule meetings and coordinate activities with other City divisions and departments, the public, and outside agencies.
- Perform a variety of clerical and/or accounting clerical duties, including answering and screening phone calls from citizens. Respond to complaints and requests for information on regulations, procedures, systems, and precedents relating to assigned area.
- Serve as liaison within the department and other City departments, including IT and Facilities
- Maintain and order office supplies; process mail, and maintain copy machine
- Knowledge of modern office technology
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of proper English usage, spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Knowledge of the principles of report preparation and record-keeping
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- Human Collaboration Skills: Work requires regular interaction involving exchange and receipt of information.
- Reading: Intermediate - Ability to read papers, periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Math: Basic - Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Writing: Basic - Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Education: Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade (high school diploma or GED).
- Position has no responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
- Receives Immediate Direction: The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving detailed instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with little room for deviation. Immediate supervisor may provide close and constant review.
Drug test required
Long term: 12 + months
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm