Colorado Springs, Colorado
Evaluate ERP/MRP system output and procure all necessary materials for customer orders. Submit purchase orders to suppliers and follow up with suppliers as required. Monitor supplier performance. Read, understand, and respond to Planner Action messages in ERP system by pushing out orders, pulling in orders, and canceling orders accordingly. Competitive shop suppliers to obtain the best price for materials. Assist with resolving any disputes as requested. Assist in light accounting functions such vouching, accounts payable and invoicing. Perform month end entries and reconciliations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and review Purchasing Schedule in ERP system and place/maintain/update purchase orders as required
- upload and or enter manufacturer BOM's in ERP
- Open a Shop Order.
- Submit purchase orders to suppliers
- Read and review Planner Action messages in the ERP system and resolve appropriately (push orders out, pull orders in, cancel orders, etc.).
- Participate in regularly scheduled Production Meetings
- Advise Planner/Scheduler of materials issues that will impact the Production Schedule and/or shipping schedule
- Ensure all materials for the job orders will be available at the time of kit staging for the initial manufacturing operation
- Assures accuracy of materials standard costs.
- Resolve any material shortages or other materials issues with the materials organization
- Work with warehouse personnel to prioritize and stage kits in shop order start date order.
- Vouch payable invoices to vender PO's and packing slips.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Intermediate skill/capability to operate within ERP system
- 2 years of experience as Buyer
- Proficient skill/capability to work in Microsoft Excel
- Understand capacity analysis, efficiency, and time standards
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills internally and externally
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
Ability to read, write, and comprehend instructions written or spoken. Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate with managers, supervisors, and other employees of Linear Manufacturing. Ability to read, practice, and enforce departmental procedures and work instructions.
Apply effective reasons to the task when carrying out instructions. Effectively recognize situations when managers knowledge and awareness is necessary. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical requirements described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and occasionally required to walk short distances. The employee is required to perform standard clerical duties and must possess the manual dexterity to perform these duties, including, but not limited to handling, reaching, and grasping. The employee must be able to use a computer for extended periods of time, including typing and viewing a computer monitor. The employee must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and chemicals. MSDS’s for all chemicals are readily available on site. The noise level in the work environments is moderate.
- ERP systems: 3 years (Preferred)
- CETEC ERP: 1 year (Preferred)
Contract to Direct
Salary: $22.00 - $24.50 per hour
Schedule: 8 hour days