Colorado Springs, Colorado
Part-time receptionist/administrative assistant
Under the supervision of the Practice Manager, perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the agency and its clinical team members to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls according to agency direction and standards. Understand agency services to be able to answer basic questions about agency programs and to know to whom questions of more depth may need to be directed.
- Make outbound calls to facilitate scheduling or as directed by Management or clinical team members.
- Assist clients presenting with medication monitoring or urinalysis screening needs.
- Receive and direct clients and visitors in a supportive manner with persons of all backgrounds or personal situation including checking them in and notifying clinical or management of their arrival.
- Maintain HIPAA compliance at all times in all areas of the office, especially at the front office while balancing interactions between clients, guests, phone calls (inbound or outbound) and staff.
- Maintain electronic health records and hard copy filing system according to agency standards.
- Schedule and conduct client intakes to include an understanding of all of the intake forms, differences in types of referrals and paperwork needs related to these differences.
- Understand and maintain the DRS records system to include weekly updates.
- Setting clients up on the random screening system according to agency guidelines and clinical direction.
- General clerical duties including scanning, photocopying, faxing and mailing
- File and retrieve documents from filing system (hard copy or electronic system)
- Handle requests for information and data according to Insight Services standards and within compliance of HIPAA.
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries to include preparation of reports or modification of documents as requested by management or clinical staff members (for example: correspondence, reports, memos and emails). These will be completed efficiently within identified timeframes and with attention to detail.
- Assist the Practice Manager in billing related tasks as assigned. These tasks will be completed efficiently within identified timeframes and with attention to detail.
- Schedule appointments for the clinical staff according to agency standards
- Maintain office supply inventories and tidiness of area they are stored
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- Maintain the public areas of the office to include the reception area and public restrooms to include assurance of consistent supplies (i.e., toilet paper, paper towels) and light janitorial (trash collection, wiping down the restrooms to ensure they remain clean and tidy)
- Additional duties as assigned by the Practice Manager or Management
- Ability to maintain client privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary team members
- Proficiency in use of computers, office equipment and relevant software
- Exhibit strong planning and organizational skills; gather and disseminate information accurately and timely
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to assess a situation and exhibit reasonable problem solving
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to evaluate one’s own learning needs and seek our education opportunities
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Customer service orientation
Must provide and maintain a current, clean criminal record and is able to work within the Drug Free workplace policy of the agency.
Schedule: Part-time- Approx 25 hours/week. Schedule will likely be 9:00 AM -1:00 PM or 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Mon-Fri) and one day 1:00 PM- 6:00 PM.