Colorado Springs, Colorado
Accountant for busy construction company
- Overseeing and Managing Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll activities.
- Maintain General ledger and prepare corresponding month-end/year-end closing entries.
- Prepare and manage the preparation of monthly financial statements and related reports.
- Prepare and analyze job cost reports.
- Provide data and variance analysis and communicate explanations and provide recommendations to management.
- Prepare Work in Progress Reports and Backlog Reports for construction projects.
- Complete timely and accurate monthly and yearly closings.
- Maintenance of accounting files.
- Preparation/organization of various financial forms, reports, financial analysis, etc.
- Develop sound financial processes and procedures and improve existing processes.
- Manage firm licenses.
- Knowledge of intercompany transactions.
- Cash management and bank reconciliations.
- Prepare and file multi-state sales and use tax.
- Drive efficiency through the use of technology.
- 5-10 years of proven experience as an Accountant or Accounting Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (major in accounting) or Accounting (highly preferred)
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, Sage 100, and experience with Paylocity.
- Previous project management experience including directing and supervising staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable working in a small business environment.
- Proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as well as Local, State, and Federal government law and regulation compliance.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
Long-term- Approximately 2 months, with the potential to turn into Contract-to-Direct
Schedule: Full-time (8am-5pm Mon-Fri)