Colorado Springs, Colorado
Financial Consultant I
In keeping with our mission for the highest quality, cost-effective financial services, this position supports the company’s mission statement by effectively providing the financial services of TCA to its client companies thereby securing the necessary revenues for TCA and its client companies to remain successful into the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Assists with the completion of financial work for clients for the purpose of providing quality services to clients and securing revenues for the company. Tasks may include assisting with the completion of cost studies and estimates, completing and submitting NECA, FCC, and state data requests, assisting with special pro-forma studies for clients, completing COE/CPR projects for cost studies, reviewing work completed by other support staff such as NECA inputs, USF submissions, and other clerical work, etc. Monitored by the CEO through periodic meetings, review of studies, and consideration of feedback from clients.
Assists upper level financial staff for the purpose of ensuring the remaining client related services are provided in a quality and timely manner. Tasks may include gathering and organizing data for client and management meetings, communicating with Seniors, meeting deadlines, coordinating client and management meetings, handling “what if” analytical projects, preparing forecasts, preparing industry data requests, making technical changes, etc. Monitored by the CEO through periodic meetings, reviewing analyses and reports, and consideration of feedback from clients.
Performs administrative functions for the purpose of ensuring all related and relevant Financial Department tasks are completed in a timely and effective manner. Tasks may include attending staff meetings, participating in monthly financial team meetings, completing timesheets, sending and receiving emails, making phone calls, organizing the workload, completing forms, continuing to develop an understanding of the telecommunications industry, demonstrating a working knowledge of Parts 32, 36, and 69 rules, etc. Monitored by the CEO through periodic meetings, review of work documents, and consideration of feedback from other staff.
(Continually looks for new and improved ways of completing the above functions. Other tasks as assigned by supervisor will be performed in order to address unexpected situations or needs that may arise.)
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, required
- At least one year accounting and finance, preferred
- At least one year audit, preferred
- Parts 32, 36, & 69 within 30 days, required
- COE/CPR within one year, required
- Ongoing training as required by the company
- Computer, phone and general office equipment, required
- Human relations
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record, required
Latitude, Impact and Interaction
- This position requires the ability to participate as a member of a team, complete tasks as a team, and engage in problem solving activities as a team member.
- Must relate well with others since information has to be obtained on occasion.
- Contact at all levels of the organization internally occurs, requiring negotiation, persuasion, and diplomacy.
- Most duties are assigned; then, the performer plans and arranges tasks in order to complete duties.
- Problem solving is accomplished in conjunction with the supervisor.
- Decisions are consistently reviewed by others.
- All purchase requests are referred to the supervisor.
- Successful completion of tasks results in the more effective promotion of TCA’s and its client companies’ products and services.
- Errors are easily detected, usually in the next phase operations, thereby affecting internal systems only, which would result in minor clerical expense to correct.
- Regular phone, written, email, and face-to-face interaction with employees within the department and with other employees throughout the organization to complete works tasks.
- Regular phone, written, and email interaction with clients to complete services.
Standard Hours of Work
The standard working hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and employees must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
Travel and Flexibility in Hours
- Occasional flexible hours, required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Occasional bending, carrying, squatting, twisting, turning, and lifting up to 40 lbs. independently, required.
- Frequent demonstration of manual dexterity and visualizing of a computer screen, required.
- Office environment.
Pay: $20.00/hour + depending upon experience
Schedule: Full-time 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM (Monday-Friday)