IT Cloud Architect
IT Cloud Architect
Colorado Springs, Colorado
The IT Cloud Architect plays a critical role in reviewing, designing, and assessing cloud services, designs, and platforms. The IT Cloud Architect is responsible for creating cloud platform designs, creating cloud roadmaps, and devising cloud adoption strategies for critical cloud services in support of Ent business. Essential Responsibilities:
• Design cloud platforms with a focus on utilizing infrastructure as code.
• Design and develop end-to-end IT cloud integrated systems
• Develop, document, communicate, and ensure a cloud technology standards policy
• Regularly evaluate cloud applications, infrastructure, and software.
• Ensure all designs leverage common architectures and services that can meet key design criteria (Availability, Recoverability, Scalability, Performance characteristics) and can be properly supported by operations teams
. • Work closely with the security team and defined processes and procedure to ensure adherence to highest standards
. • Maintain in-depth knowledge of company’s strategic business plans
. • Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in IT cloud infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
• Develop and execute test plans to check IT cloud infrastructure and systems technical performance. Share findings and make recommendations for improvement.
• Partner with Senior Leaders across Information Technology to refine CI/CD & DevOps strategy and technical roadmap
. • Increase team effectiveness by providing consulting expertise and technical mentoring across multiple verticals
. • Drive DevOps mindset within the organization.
Other Duties as required
Minimum formal education: Knowledge consistent with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management or similar area of study. Each year of relevant work experience may be exchanged for a year in a relevant degree program or vice versa. Minimum work experience: 8+ years of relevant experience in a cloud engineering/architecture role. Key Attitudes / Characteristics / Specialized Knowledge / Skills for this position:
• Excellent understanding of typical multi-tier architectures: web servers, application servers, load balancers, and storage
. • Experience with Virtual Port Channel (VPC), transit gateways, direct connect gateways, cloud routing, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), and connecting cloud infrastructure to onsite network and infrastructure. • Understanding of Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) pipelines for infrastructure as code.
• Understanding of YAML, Cloud Formation, and PowerShel
l. • Excellent understanding of Infrastructure as Code deployment best practices
. • Familiarity with Jenkins, GitHub, TerraForm, CloudFormation, and CloudPipeline.
• Knowledge of basic networking concepts such as Quality of Service (QoS), virtual LANS (VLANs), static routes, IP subnetting, etc
. • Understanding of wide area network (WAN) connectivity options such as MPLS, Optical Ethernet, SD-WAN, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), etc
. • Knowledge of Cloud networking and infrastructure and Cloud security practices.
• Experience working with or within ITIL, DevOps, SRE, and Agile methodologies
. • Solid understanding of Azure public cloud platform.
• Understanding of ADFS and basic Identity Management principles.
• Strong data drive mindset leveraging metrics to make data-based decisions.
• Strong written and oral communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
. • Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
• Exemplary customer service skills
. • Root-cause problem solving mindset.
• Ability to coordinate work across multiple vendors.
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook). Certifications required: Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect (Pref)
Direct Hire Position
Monday to Friday
Drug Screen Required
$53.66 - $70.43/hour