Colorado Springs, Colorado
Overview: This Staff Assistant position supports the HR Department under the direction of the Chief Human Resources and Risk Officer (CHRRO)
The Staff Assistant provides executive level administrative support to the CHRRO, Assistant Director (AD) and Managers. The Staff Assistant oversees HR programs, finances and performs a wide variety of administrative tasks. Makes administrative decisions and takes action in the executive’s absence. Performs a broad range of administrative tasks for the CHRRO, relieving them of administrative details. Exercises frequent independent judgement within agreed-upon limits. Responsible for scheduling regular and special meetings and preparing agendas. May keep minutes of meetings. Prepares confidential correspondence and maintains classified files. Performs other high level secretarial functions, including receiving visitors, scheduling appointments, and making travel arrangements. Participates in the development of policies and procedures. In addition to support of the CHRRO, supports staff, especially new employees on proper procedures and protocols. Duties include documenting standard operating procedures, preparing reports, compiling data for analysis, coordinating activities, investigating and resolving problems and handling special projects. Operates routing and non-routine office related equipment. Uses word processing, spreadsheets, databases and presentation applications. Must have effective interpersonal skills including ability to maintain confidentiality. Works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment, analysis and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Serves as a liaison with internal and/or external contacts. Contributes to the development of the department. Recognizes, initiates and leads improvement activities. Requires considerable judgment, tact, discretion and initiative.
HR means all HR functions to include: Employment Services, Risk and the Office of Accessibility
Programs, Events & Meetings
- Under the direction of CHRRO, AD or Manager, coordinates and administers a wide variety of programs which include but are not limited to:
- Employee of the Year
- EEO-4 Reporting
- Employee Giving Campaign
- Take a Turkey to Work
- COOP Plan
- Service Awards
- Facilities Coordination
- IT Coordination
- Under the direction of CHRRO, AD or Manager, coordinates events which include but are not limited to:
- Service Award Event
- Holiday Party Event
- Mentor Connect Event
- Quarterly Management Forum
- New Employee Orientation
- Welcome to the City
- Under the direction of the CHRRO, AD or Manager, provides agendas, minutes and or coordination to include refreshments, a/v equipment and other preparations for meetings which include but are not limited to:
- Quarterly HR All Staff Meetings
- HR Staff Meetings to include Employment Services, Risk or Office of Accessibility Meetings
- Civil Service Commission
- Meetings in which the CHRRO is hosting
- Plans annual calendar for HR programs, events and meetings
- Assist Managers with project implementations, communication and rollouts
- Supports the CHRRO & AD with scheduling of meetings, prioritizes meetings and schedules, resolves meeting conflicts, adds appropriate travel time. Communicates with other department as needed if CHRRO or AD is running late or needs to cancel/move a meetings. Reminds CHRRO & AD as needed to stay on track with schedule.
- Supports the CHRRO & AD with memos, correspondence, mail and items for signature
- Coordinates the HR vacation calendar ensuring all HR staff have recorded approved vacations
- Trains all HR staff (existing and new) on the Municipal Records Retention schedule and their responsibilities for records retention related to their area.
- Ensures timely destruction of all HR records that have been archived. Quarterly, reviews invoices from offsite storage vendor and destroys records (with appropriate authorization) per the Municipal Records Retention schedule
- Plans annual calendar for projects and release of communications and at appropriate times throughout the year for Records Management related activities.
- Coordinates responses, monitors and tracks GoCOS items
- Handles coordination, entry and tracking of City Council agenda items in Granicus. Alerts CHRRO, AD & Managers of changes in agendas and ensures attendance.
- Handles memberships, travel and registration for CHRRO, AD & Managers
- Assist all Managers with RFIs & RFPs to include project plans, scheduling meetings, coordination of schedules, documents and presentations.
- Files paperwork as necessary
- Provide assistance in the development of assigned budget; collect and analyze financial data; monitor expenditures; and conduct field studies related to area of assignment
- Reconcile accounts and assist with financial reports and inquires.
- Coordinate and assist with contracts, expense reports, PCards and receipts, journal entries and purchase orders
- Collects and analyzes metric data so that HR Managers and City Executives can make data driven decisions
- Perform responsible administrative support level duties in support of all functional areas of HR
- Conducts research, provides reports on best practices in the areas above.
- Develops SOP’s related to area of assignment.
- Assists HR in design and roll-out of programs beneficial to the organization and its employees.
- Provides administrative and analytical assistance to all areas of HR
Completes other duties as assigned.
Must be able to pass drug test.
Short term: 3-6 weeks with a chance to become direct
Pay : $22.54
Hour:Full time 40s, likely Monday- Friday 8 AM- 5 PM