Colorado Springs, Colorado
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Starts the job by reviewing diagrams that show the location of circuits and other equipment.
- Installs wiring systems on the DMS routers.
- Connects all types of wires to circuit breakers, transforms, and other components
- Joins the wires in boxes with various specially designed connectors.
- Use of hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, knives, hacksaws and wire strippers as well as other power tools such as drills and saws.
- Use ammeters, ohmmeters, voltmeters, soldering iron, and other equipment to test connections and ensure the compatibility and safety of components.
- Stands for long periods, lift heavy objects, and work in awkward positions or on ladders.
- Electrician may risk electrical shock, falls, and cuts. The electrician is required to follow strict safety procedures to avoid injuries.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Contract to Direct
Monday-Friday 7am to 4pm