Colorado Springs, Colorado
Maytag Aircraft Corporation seeks a highly motivated, positive Human Resource Generalist with a courteous and professional attitude. The ideal candidate will demonstrate solid customer service skills, great organization and attention to detail in a fast-paced office environment. The HR Generalist will be responsible for prioritizing work and completing assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management to carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, onboarding, policy implementation, HR Reporting, recruitment/employment, Affirmative Action and compliance.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Performs benefits administration, Open Enrollment, including claims resolution, change reporting, itemizing and preparing bills for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Creates affirmative action reports, ACA reports, files EEO-1 & Vets report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts heavy recruitment effort for domestic and overseas employees;
- Assists in handling employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Administers Workers Compensation program, Unemployment claim discrepancies
Required Education and Experience
- At least five years of HR experience, preferably in Defense Contracting arena.
- Working knowledge of payroll systems, ie: Paycom, Paychex or similar.
- Working knowledge of Collective Bargaining agreements and Union environment.
- Three to five years of recruiting experience.
- Exceptional skills in Excel and HR databases.
- Working knowledge of HR reporting, ie: ACA, Affirmative Action, EEO & Vet’s
Salary 50K+ depending on experience
Full-time M-F 8 am to 5 pm
Drug screen required