IT Security Architect
IT Security Architect
Colorado Springs, Colorado
The IT Security Architect plays a critical role in reviewing, designing, and assessing the security controls intrinsic to infrastructure and application designs. The IT Security Architect is responsible for creating infrastructure designs which adhere to corporate established security policies, assessing risk of adopting new technologies, and reviewing designs for appropriate security controls.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Security Design & Architecture:
- Takes a lead role in developing the security plan for a project. Provides guidance to project teams on security issues; ensures that project plans / technology initiatives are security compliant.
- Collaborates with the business to contribute to the development of new security solutions and systems. Develops plans for management review.
- Develops roadmaps with respect to security focused technology solutions (e.g. Identity Management, Intrusion Detection, Encryption & Key Management).
- Develops security standards for technology design and utilization based off established Security policies.
- Assists in ensuring security standards are being complied with in both technology operational and architectural functions
Risk Management Support:
- Proactively assesses risk exposure in business operations as it relates to the technology and develops security programs to address and minimize those risks.
- Provide guidance on security solutions and requirements to other IT staff to promote security awareness and compliance in project and day to day operations.
- Promote security best practices within IT to foster a security conscience organization.
Other duties as required
Minimum formal education required for this position:
- Knowledge consistent with a Bachelor’s degree in IT Security, Computer Science, Information/Network Security or similar.
- (Preferred) BA / BS Degree or equivalent.
Each year of relevant work experience may be exchanged for a year in a relevant degree program or vice versa. For example, a requirement of “Knowledge Consistent with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 2+ years’ of accounting experience” could be substituted for a High School Diploma and 6 years of relevant accounting work experience or a Master’s Degree in Accounting and 0 years of work experience.
Minimum work experience:
- 7+ years of relevant experience
Technical or specialized knowledge/skills:
- Demonstrates expertise in multiple security specialties and technical platforms along with strong understanding of the technical architecture of the organization.
- Possesses strong understanding of diverse security practices along with IT risk management concepts and applies them effectively when developing security solutions.
- Solid command of networking and telecommunications, securing technical platforms, secure server and workstation deployment and support, IT systems / data security specific to financial institutions, regulations and best practices for technical deployments specific to the financial industry, disaster recovery / business resumption technique, secure coding and application design, packet analysis and forensic tools.
- Experience converting written policies into to practical standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT Architecture processes and methodologies, including the ability to review, and comprehend existing architectural designs.
- Solid understanding of Cloud Security and Architecture principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data standards (both data exchange and storage).
- Demonstrated excellence in providing superb customer service.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and listening) across multiple levels within the organization and driving decisions originating from multiple perspectives.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and listening).
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word / Excel / Outlook).
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or similar Certification.
Environmental, physical and psychological requirements:
- Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time in a climate-controlled environment. Must be able to use fingers, hands, wrists for repetitive tasks such as typing, using a mouse, handling paper, currency, or coin, and operating a telephone. Demands for visual and auditory acuity are typical of an office environment. Must be able to interact via email, telephone, or in person with diplomacy, tact, and courtesy with all members under varying circumstances. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Monday through Friday