Network Solutions Engineer
Network Solutions Engineer
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead the engineering design of solutions, ensuring functionality, availability, capacity, system and data security, integration, infrastructure, operations, maintenance, and performance
- Perform operations and maintenance tasks within Cisco networking and security platforms.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot network equipment, software, and circuits
- Implement required changes in compliance with the IT change management process
- Participate in problem management discussion to determine root cause
- Review system logs and alerts; respond according to documented procedures
- Provide proactive process improvement, analysis of best practices, and identification and mitigation of network risks
- Analyze performance trends, identify workflow or technology gaps, and recommend changes in an effort to improve the quality and efficiency of networks, systems, and security
- Support the development of estimates and Technical Solution Designs by working with Solution Architects and Engineers as well as other cross-functional teams.
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
- Five years of full-time professional experience in the design, installation, maintenance, and engineering support of LAN/WAN (local area network/wide area network) systems
- Familiar with switching and routing technologies, Domain Name Systems (DNS), Cisco hardware, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Vulnerability Management Systems, and other common industry Cyber Security tools.
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, GCP, VMWare
- Routing protocols (Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol and BGP)
- Operations, maintenance, and security of multiple Cisco Platforms (IOS, NX-OS, Firepower, and Adaptive Security Appliances)
- AnyConnect VPN sustainment, operations, and security
- Remote Authentication Dial-In User System/Terminal Access Controller Access-Control
- Wireless networking sustainment, operations, and security (Access Point and Wireless Controller)
- Voice Over Internet Protocol operations and maintenance
- Multi-vendor environments
- Proper customer collaboration and engagement techniques
- Load Balancers / Proxy technologies (KEMP, F5)
- Traffic analysis and troubleshooting using tools such as Wireshark, Syslog, Netflow
- Cisco security platforms (Firepower, Identity Services Engine, AnyConnect)
- Operations, maintenance and security of multiple CISCO Platforms (IOS, NX-OS, WLC’s)
- Advanced knowledge of routing protocols (EIGRP and BGP)
- Experience with TCP/IP and LAN
- Basic understanding of RADIUS / TACACS+
- Application traffic flows on an enterprise network
- Solve complex problems that are self-discovered or elevated from Tier-I/II.
- Complete assigned tasks and duties with minimal direction and guidance.
- Proper customer collaboration and engagement techniques. Work as a teammate within and across functional teams.
- Professional verbal and written communications.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, with users and technical support.
- Respond to after-hours emergency situations as required.
- PC usage up to 100% of the time and ability to lift and move equipment up to 50lbs.
Required Certifications upon hire:
- CompTIA Security+
- Cisco Certified Network Associate or Cisco Certified Network Professional
Pay rate: $39.46 per hour+ DOE
Full-time M-F 8 am to 5 pm
Temporary: 6 months, could be extended
Drug screen required