Director of Enterprise Architecture
Director of Enterprise Architecture
Colorado Springs, Colorado
The Director of Enterprise Architecture assists the Senior Vice President Technology Services in architecting technology and process solutions that result in quality systems and services that meet the needs of the member base now and well into the future.
The Director of Enterprise Architecture is responsible for driving a secure, scalable, and resilient roadmap in alignment with corporate growth initiatives. This includes ensuring systems are designed to ensure maximum uptime, appropriate monitoring, automated resiliency, appropriate security, and enterprise performance. Additionally, ensure appropriate governance processes are in place to turn over architectural solutions to appropriate support teams.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic Direction of IT Solutions and Process:
- Leverage best of breed technology design.
- 3-5 year planning / roadmap for architectural needs based on corporate strategic plan.
- Focus on reducing complexity and streamlining support.
- Ensure security and operational integrity is sustainable.
- Define architectural standards in line with security standards.
- Continual evaluation of skills needs based on defined workloads and throughput.
- Mentor / coach staff.
- Maintain ongoing methods of processing work, and team scorecards for success.
- Development of leadership skills.
- Setting goals and objectives for staff.
- IT Leadership Collaboration:
- Focus on streamlining dependencies and processes across all IT functions.
- Drive improvement opportunities within dependent areas.
- Consolidation and review of key metrics and statistics critical to the operations of the IT Dept.
Cost Analysis / Vendor Management:
- Evaluate solutions that will drive down cost of IT Operations.
- Engaging of key vendors / partners as needed to meet timelines.
- Engage vendors for cost saving solutions.
- Track and report on cost and impact for key projects.
- Other duties as required
Minimum formal education required for this position:
- Knowledge consistent with a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
Minimum work experience:
- 10+ years’ overall experience with managing / working in complex technical environments
- 5+ years’ demonstrated experience in managing staff, projects, and initiatives
- 5+ years’ demonstrated experience in leading change
- 3+ years’ demonstrated experience successfully integrating emerging technology
Technical or specialized knowledge / skills:
- Strong technical understanding and comprehensive breadth of knowledge of technology best practices, solution design, systems integration, and project management.
- Strong aptitude for work processing and results tracking.
- Proven understanding of technology trends, environments, capabilities, and requirements
- Proven leadership experience and the ability to communicate with all employee levels (executive to entry level).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in regulations and best practices for technical designs in a financial industry.
- Ability to create a plan and execute a vision with minimal oversight.
- Experience in leading diverse teams and driving change.
- Strong staff coaching / mentoring skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, and Visio.
- None required
- (Preferred) Relevant technical certification(s) in the areas of system design and / or project management such as:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)
Pay Range: $127,025.60 + DOE
Flexible work schedule: 3 days in the office with 2 days at home
Drug screen required