Colorado Springs, Colorado
Plating Technician for night shift manufacturing support of Electroless Nickel Plating in a high tech, high volume, small company environment. The plating technician will support advanced packaging of wafer and die level bare silicon products.
- Monitor plating bath chemistry and adjust chemistry to plating line baths as necessary, check tank temperatures and pH.
- Run titrations to analyze chemical baths and keep the line in balance.
- Setup plating runs; maintain the plating line.
- Inspect all related tank level sensors, piping, fittings, and pumps for leaks and damage.
- Monitor parts as they run through plating baths.
- Run parts manually through plating line.
- Maintain logs for chemical additions.
- Wafer handling (standard thickness and thin wafers).
- Visually inspect wafers pre and post plate using microscopes and digital imaging systems.
- Shear metals post plate and perform height measurements.
- Maintain a safe, high quality process in the plating line.
- Maintain a clean and orderly plating and lab area.
- Carry out bi-weekly and monthly plating tanks maintenance, including dumping, cleaning and preparation of the process baths.
- Help with running plating experiments and new plating processes.
- Train and mentor all other techs.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with hazardous materials on a daily basis.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- This job requires you to be on your feet for the majority of your assigned shift.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment and follow clean room protocol.
- Must understand best practices for safe handling of chemicals.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- An associate’s degree in Chemistry or related field and 1-2 years’ experience in Chemical or Semiconductor Industry; or High School diploma/GED/or equivalent and 3-4 years’ experience in Chemical or Semiconductor Industry.
- Algebra knowledge.
- Ability to identify problems and react quickly.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written for product documentation.
- Handling and use of hazardous chemicals. Protective equipment is available and must be used for your safety. You will be working in a clean room environment requiring the use of a lab coat, hairnet, booties, facemask, gloves, and eye-protective lenses.
Must be able to pass a pre-employement background check and drugscreen
Contract to Direct
Full time- must be able to support 24/7 operation.
This job is for a 12 hour day shift 7:00 pm to 7:00 am position, 3/4.
Work weeks include weekends and may include off-shift hours in the future.