Part-Time HR Generalist
Part-Time HR Generalist
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Part-TimeHuman Resources Generalist
The job duties/responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of employees' duties in this position. The identified responsibilities are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
The Human Resource (HR) Generalist supports and works at the direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and is responsible for managing the Authority HR functions, including hiring and interviewing staff, maintaining and enhancing the organization's HR systems and resources. The HR Generalist will evaluate and recommend improvements to the Authority documents and resources, for example, but not limited to, job descriptions, policies, the Employee Handbook, HRIS system to ensure that all are reviewed with staff routinely and consistently up to date. The HR Generalist will conduct employee file compliance reviews, worker's compensation, onboarding processes, and offboarding processes.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
• Receives direction from the CEO or designee.
• The incumbent does not supervise any employees.
• Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and document review. Job duties and responsibilities may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
• Recruits, interviews, and facilitates hiring qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand the skills and competencies required for openings.
• Conducts or acquires background checks and employment eligibility verifications.
• Implements new hire orientation and participates in employee recognition programs.
• Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
• Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
• Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
• Attends and participates in team meetings.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; reviews policies and procedures to maintain compliance.
• Exhibit a high degree of attention to detail.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended HR best practices; reviews Authority policies and procedures to maintain compliance.
• Trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
• Principles and procedures of contemporary HR record keeping.
• English usage, spelling, punctuation, and the use of proper grammar.
• Principles of business letter writing and, on occasion, advanced report preparation.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate tasks.
• Learn, interpret, and apply Authority Board policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted while performing the duties of the job assigned.
• Interact and communicate effectively with others.
• Deescalate conflict.
• Physically perform the assigned duties and responsibilities of the job.
• Type and enter data proficiently at the speed necessary for successful job completion.
• Ability to drive Authority vehicles safely.
• Telework when so directed.
License or Certificates:
• SHRM certifications a plus.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid State of Colorado Drivers' License required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or related field required.
Five years of increasing responsibility in HR program management and functions, standardizing and implementing HR policies, processes, and systems.
Office environment; exposure to computer screens.
Job duties require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods, using a computer keyboard, light lifting.
Client uses BambooHR, plus if you have used it.
Pay: $25+ DOE
Hours: 20-25 hours, flexible schedule
Long term contract (12 months) with chance of Contract-to-Direct