Colorado Springs, Colorado
JOB SUMMARY: Serves as the primary check in or check out person. Greets anyone entering the clinic, monitors appointment times, ensures the patient’s record is accurate and contains all required, completed documents. Collects required payments. Demonstrates superior telephone and customer service skills. Answers telephone and directs calls to the appropriate party. Consistently demonstrates sensitivity to the patient’s needs and requirements.
- Scheduling patients. About 20 scheduled patients daily
- Verify all patient charts are properly prepared for the day
- Greet patients and provide appropriate forms for completion
- Monitor sign in sheet and waiting rooms for optimum patient wait times
- Verify all information is correct in the computer for new and established patients
- Put charts in appropriate doctor’s box for MA/nurse to take patient back to the exam room
- Inform patients when doctors are behind schedule more than 15 minutes and reschedule when necessary
- Check out patients at visit completion and reschedule if necessary
- Sign for any incoming packages and distribute to appropriate party
- Greet any visitors that enter the clinic, identify why they are here and contact the party they are here to see
- Any other tasks as requested by the management
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and concern for patients
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to defuse a negative situation
- Solid problem solving skills
- Ability to navigate in practice management software, windows, Microsoft office and the internet
- Ability to operate copier, fax machine and other small office equipment
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- The front desk provides the first impression of the entire clinic. It is imperative that you start each visitors experience in a professional, friendly, accommodating manner. The clinic wants every patient to have a WOW experience.
- Accurate patient demographics and records are vital for the success of this business. The front desk receptionists play a big part in the proper flow of these records.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience in physician practice preferred
Short term with a chance to become direct hire.
Hours: Monday- Friday 4 AM - 1 PM or 5:30AM- 2PM
Pay: $15 + DOE