Mortgage Loan Compliance Analyst
Mortgage Loan Compliance Analyst
Colorado Springs, Colorado
The purpose of this position is to collaborate with the Manager of Compliance and Quality Control and Senior MLCAs to provide an independent, consistent, systematic, and thorough process to assess mortgage loan quality and compliance. The Mortgage Loan Compliance Analyst will coordinate with Mortgage Lending Managers by analyzing processes, reports and lending systems to ensure that compliance and credit quality requirements are being met on every mortgage loan and in a manner that is within regulatory, governmental, and secondary marketing guidelines. They will monitor changes in compliance and credit requirements in order to create appropriate written action plans, suggest updates to policies and procedures, and audit documentation. They will coordinate with managers, supervisors, and trainers to determine and implement creative solutions for recurring deficiencies and audit findings.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mortgage loan review analysis
- Compliance review analysis
- Manage third party quality control vendors that pertain to the Compliance department
- Delinquency Quality Control – Conventional, FHA and VA Loan Products
- Assist with annual recertification process
- Other duties as required
Minimum formal education required for this position:
Knowledge consistent with an Associate’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or similar.
Minimum work experience:
- 3+ years’ of first mortgage loan experience.
- (Preferred) 2+ years’ first mortgage loan auditing / quality assurance experience with mortgage lending systems.
- (Preferred) experience in a Credit Union setting.
Technical or specialized knowledge/skills:
Strong aptitude for analytical work to include legal and regulatory research, documentation of findings, risk analysis, policy development, etc. Strong reading comprehension of technical/regulatory documentation is required.
- Working knowledge of first mortgage products that may include conventional, FHA, VA, construction, land, portfolio, and investment properties.
- Knowledge of federal lending and state regulations.
- Working knowledge of investor guidelines.
- Knowledge of Ent mortgage lending policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of all mortgage lending positions and functions.
- Initiative to meet and/or exceed job standards and willingness to take on other tasks that are not part of their regular job.
- Organized, detail oriented, flexible, and able to multi-task in an ever-changing environment.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude to work concurrently on multiple projects.
- Aptitude to work independently with very minimal direction.
- Aptitude to coach staff with clear and concise written and/or verbal communication.
- Aptitude for detail and analytical work.
- Ability to hold information in strict confidence.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Environmental, physical and psychological requirements:
Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time in a climate-controlled environment. Must be able to use fingers, hands, wrists for repetitive tasks such as typing, using a mouse, handling paper, and operating a telephone. Demands for visual and auditory acuity are typical of an office environment. Must be able to interact via email, telephone, or in person with diplomacy, tact, and courtesy with all members under varying circumstances.
Pay rate $24 per hour+ DOE
Full-time M-F 8 am to 5 pm
Drug screen required