Network Administration Supervisor
Network Administration Supervisor
Colorado Springs, Colorado
As the Network Administration Supervisor on the infrastructure support team. You are to ensure the Resiliency, Performance, and Network Security of the infrastructure. This includes monitoring the environment, resolution of incidents, upholding security, testing business continuity, creating scripted automations, developing processes, and innovating with technologies. This position will also act as an IT infrastructure expert maintaining the technical infrastructure, responsible for technical guidance and workflow management for a team of staff.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical direction for members of the Network team with regard to:
- High availability of Production networks
- Ensuring Disaster Recovery capability of key networks
- Adherence to policies and procedures.
- Ensure delivery of timely, knowledgeable, and cost-effective support of core networks.
- Design & implement resiliency, scaling, and automated deployment into Core banking networks.
- Identify potential process improvement opportunities.
- Ensuring appropriate monitoring exist and is effective to detecting outages and preventing incidents.
- Participates in Business continuity testing and execution.
- Provide rapid resolution to network outage and application performance issues.
- Development and maintenance of procedure documentation
- Provides 7 x 24 IT infrastructure support as part of the regular on-call rotation.
Team Leadership / Development:
- Provides technical leadership and guidance to more junior team members.
- Performs troubleshooting and resolution on networks.
- Assist manager in coordinating activities of the team, i.e. scheduling, shift management and other administrative duties.
- Assist manager on staff performance relating to technology and preparation and delivery of reviews
Monitoring / Maintenance:
- Repairs, upgrades, and provides preventative maintenance on nearly all technologies in the production environment.
- Proactively monitors all platforms, ensuring uptime, performance, and service levels are always maintained for all production networks.
- Creates new processes for better support and training.
- Creating new automation to reduce human error.
Oversight of new project implementation in:
Disaster Recovery environments.
- Supports the incident management processes. Able to monitor ticket queues and resolve production performance, server, and application related issues to ensure the restoration of the environment.
Other duties as required
Minimum formal education required for this position:
Knowledge consistent with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Networks, or related technical field of study.
Each year of relevant work experience may be exchanged for a year in a relevant degree program or vice versa. For example, a requirement of “Knowledge Consistent with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 2+ years’ of accounting experience” could be substituted for a High School Diploma and 6 years of relevant accounting work experience or a Master’s Degree in Accounting and 0 years of work experience.
Minimum work experience:
- 5+ years’ combined experience related to networks and/or network administration.
- 1+ years’ experience managing or leading teams.
- (Preferred) MCSE, MCSA, VMware VCP, CCNA, or certifications awarded on installed application.
Salary $89,065.60+ DOE
Drug screen required