Cloud Engineer Technical Lead
Cloud Engineer Technical Lead
Colorado Springs, Colorado
An experienced and versatile Cloud Engineer Technical Lead, possessing strong design, migration, administration, and support experience in Microsoft Azure and Infrastructure cloud / infrastructure services. This position continually works to transition current processes to a cloud-first strategy as a cloud services expert, both individually and part of a team.
The Information Technology department exists to provide exceptional service to our employees and ultimately to our members through high quality/high value and secure technology solutions. We are a trusted partner with each of our business units. We will provide our business units with innovative, cost-effective solutions that are accurate, consistent, and timely. We will work together to achieve department objectives. We will be professional in our interactions with our customers (Ent employees) and our members. Finally, we will be concise, courteous, and accurate in our communications.
The Infrastructure Support team is a subset of the Information Technology department that monitors, supports and maintains the company’s technical infrastructure to ensure continued availability, stability and performance. This includes daily monitoring of the production environment, timely communication of issues to employees and IT management, 24x7 support of system/network/telecom, disaster recovery testing/execution, administration of security controls, software compliance, access management, IT system procurement, and analysis of problems or malfunctions to ensure timely resolution. The team performs proactive and preventive tasks such as capacity planning, replacement of equipment as it approaches the end of its useful life, and patch management to avoid problems that could adversely affect the production environment. The team also participates in the coordination of corrective actions as appropriate to ensure the operational integrity of all changes to the environment.
Principal Accountabilities/Essential Job Functions:
Tactical Cloud Support / Maintenance Activities:
- Provision, configure, administrate, automate, monitor, and support enterprise Cloud services.
- Through automation, enforce continuous compliance to operation and security standards.
- Perform operational engineering for activities which include platform upgrades, server patching, monitoring, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Provide periodic off-hours on-call support for production and development environments.
- Manage security logging, monitoring, and alert triage and participate in security incident response and investigation.
Strategic Cloud /Automation Development & Guidance:
- Key player in enterprise datacenter modernization initiative by researching, designing, recommending, and implementing an Azure cloud infrastructure which supports global business applications and operations.
- Assist in the development of processes and practices as it relates to the migration of workloads to Azure.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on Azure that are scalable, reliable, secure, and meet performance requirements.
- Support architectural design and new cloud service implementations utilizing industry best practices.
- Assist with the planning and migration of legacy applications to the Azure Cloud.
Tech Team Lead / Subject Matter Expert:
- May assist other team members with questions related to cloud services as a subject matter expert.
- May assist manager in coordinating activities of the team, i.e. scheduling, shift management and other administrative duties.
- Provide input to manager on staff performance relating to technology but does not prepare or deliver reviews.
- Other duties as required
Minimum formal education required for this position:
- Knowledge consistent with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field.
Each year of relevant work experience may be exchanged for a year in a relevant degree program or vice versa. For example, a requirement of “Knowledge Consistent with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 2+ years’ of accounting experience” could be substituted for a High School Diploma and 6 years of relevant accounting work experience or a Master’s Degree in Accounting and 0 years of work experience.
Minimum work experience:
- 8+ years’ combined technical IT related experience to include at least:
- 3+ years’ experience in infrastructure / general data center operations.
- 2+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer / Build & Release Architect or equivalent.
Technical or specialized knowledge/skills:
- Expert knowledge in Azure and VMware virtual environments.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Azure product and services suite of products and their applicable use cases, best practices, implementation, and support considerations.
- Strong and practical understanding of Azure platform and network security.
- Strong and practical understanding of Azure identity and access management.
- Working knowledge of Azure backup and disaster recovery processes using tools such as Azure backup and ASR.
- Extensive understanding of scripting tools and Cloud automation.
- Able to write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Proficient coding in JSON.
- Hands-on experience with Azure and IAM security policies.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Strong interpersonal skills used in developing strong working relationships and effective listening skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making, problem solving and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. GDPR, HIPAA, SOX, etc.).
- Experience with on-premise datacenter technologies (Hyper-V, S2D, ESX, etc.).
- Able to mentor others and be prepared to learn and grow with the company.
- (Preferred) Network skills.
- None required.
- (Preferred) Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate, Microsoft MCSA: Cloud Platform, Microsoft MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Microsoft MCSA: Linux on Azure, ISC2 Certified Cloud Security Professional, TOGAF 9 Certification or other related industry certification.
Salary $99,112.00 + DOE
Drug screen required