Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 month assignment with a local military contractor. Employee will use CostPoint software and Sage for accounting.
- Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to record transactions and review and verify accuracy.
- Prepares balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Reconciles the general ledger accounts to include research and resolution of all discrepancies and preparation of supporting schedules.
- Prepares monthly journal entries with supporting documentation.
- Maintains or oversees the control of accounts and records.
- Performs month end close procedures meeting strict deadlines.
- Maintains depreciation schedules.
- Responsible for adherence to and documentation of accounting procedures.
- Responsible for sales and use tax, gross receipts tax and personal property tax research and filings.
- Provides support to all interacting departments when necessary.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motived and self-directed
- Must be a team player
- Ability to work closely with senior management team
Long term contract: Approximately 4 months, could go longer or shorter depending upon needs
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM
Pay: $23- 30. Fair compensation offered for experience.