Colorado Springs, Colorado
This position will provide support for the FP&A department for a DOD client, including preparing metrics, budget/forecast analysis, reports, daily cash and other data to help drive the business.
- Undergraduate Business or Finance degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior experience in FP&A, Accounting or an Analyst role.
- Prior experience with Deltek, Intacct or other ERP system for financial planning purposes.
- Versatility to function effectively in a fast paced and changing business environment.
- Considerable independent judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations; demonstrating tact and diplomacy.
- Must possess strong analytical skills & ability to leverage a wide variety of data.
- Financial acumen for analysis, development and articulating metrics utilized by business professionals when providing support for budgets & plans, reporting and other analytics.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with others to create cross-functional alignment.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, especially in the development of actions plans and to ensure accountability and follow through.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reports and analyzes financial and operating metrics, such as gross margins, operating expenses, asset utilization, capital expenditures, etc.
- Utilizes various business reports and metrics to evaluate, interpret, and provide critical information in support of strategic and operating decisions.
- Support the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes, working closely with subsidiary finance support teams.
- Works closely with the subsidiary finance support teams to better understand historical financial results, trends and validate forecast assumptions.
- Performs weekly cash flow forecast and daily cash position.
- Performs financial modeling in support of the subsidiaries.
- Builds strong relationships with the subsidaiery management teams.
- Other projects/initiatives as assigned.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check which includes 7-year employment verification, Department of Motor Vehicles record search, criminal record search, and verification of education, certifications, and licenses as applicable to the position.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug screens.
- Must be able to travel as required.
MENTAL & COGNITIVE DEMANDS:
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret data; read and understand financial documents and application to business, professional journals, legal documents; provide response in a timely and professional manner; able to write proposals and bids; able to communicate clearly and succinctly on a business and technical level.
- Must be able to write policies and procedures, reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate complex and technical variables and communicate practical solutions.
- Ability to verbally communicate with, hear and understand others.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk, reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements of the fingers, hands, wrists, and arms.
Long term contract with chance to become direct.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 AM- 5 PM
Pay: $25-32 DOE