Director of Construction-Manufacturing
Director of Construction-Manufacturing
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Position Title: Director of Construction-Manufacturing
Position Reports to: President
Supervises: Production Manager, Logistics Manager, Safety Manager, QA Manager
Experience: Bachelor’s or associate’s degree preferred
Preference will be given to candidates with construction, manufacturing and/or experience in the homebuilding industry.
Location: Pueblo, CO
Career Level: Senior level management (exempt)
Primary Operational Objectives: The Director will be responsible for the daily management and coordination of plant operations including production, logistics, and shipping. Provide direction to supervisors, offering professional expertise and monitoring performance to ensure that departmental and individual objectives are achieved. This leader will motivate employees to perform at, or above, expected levels while maintaining a safe, legally compliant workplace, and enforcing compliance with all organizational policies and procedures.
- Lead, motivate and provide direction for the plant workforce to maintain acceptable production levels and continuity through all departments.
- Develop and implement operating policies and procedures across multiple departments, continuously evaluating for improvements to maximize growth and efficiencies.
- Advise on the establishment of plant objectives and long-range strategic planning for facility.
- Identify, track and report KPI’s and other important information at least monthly.
- Monitor plant performance, taking necessary actions and making modifications to meet established goals.
- Manage the internal audit process to ensure compliance with organizational standards.
- Assure that facility is maintained in a safe and comfortable manner that follows local, state and OSHA regulations.
- Partner with Controller on budgeting and facility management responsibilities.
- Monitor production to ensure that quality, productivity, and cost standards are maintained.
- Monitor and continuously improve the quality of our products and responsiveness to our customers’ needs as directed.
- Monitor and continuously improve employee productivity by department.
- Evaluate supervisor performance, communicate with employees, and provide information for work performance improvement.
- Support training to ensure that employees are performing job responsibilities safely and effectively.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures and ensure enforcement of safety standards.
- Promote a culture of respect, confidence, and results by setting a clearly communicated vision and direction for the team.
- BS/BA in a related discipline preferred, or relevant work experience in lieu of degree
- 10+ years of Production leadership experience, ideally in construction or manufacturing
- Experience in a corporate environment would be an advantage
- Adept in interpreting balance sheets, capital accounts, P&L’s, and cash flows
- Exceptional financial acumen and operations management expertise
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing practices, maintenance, quality, and warehouse/shipping
- Possess a proven track record of achievement in a high speed, high volume manufacturing environment
- Motivated leader that can inspire others; you respect your commitments and are able to obtain optimal results from your team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization as well as with trade partners and building departments
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Key Personal Traits:
- Embraces and is the embodiment of the company’s mission, vision, culture, and values.
- Treats all he or she encounters with respect and dignity, creating an atmosphere of mutual respect, trust, and effective/transparent communication.
- Leads with integrity, fairness, and honesty. Has a clear understanding of people and a natural ability of discernment.
- Demands excellence from self, striving always to grow, learn and develop as a human being and leader. Adept at honest self-reflection, personal assessment and acknowledging shortcomings.
- Desires to be the best. Loves to work and loves the challenge of being one of the best.
- Capable of demonstrating finesse with sensitive dealings while also being able to make tough decisions and not afraid to deal with the difficult situations when necessary.
- Assumes full ownership, and accountability for profitability, return to investors, commitment to employees, customers, and the community at large.
Ideal candidate will demonstrate the following character qualities on a regular basis
Pay rate $48.09 per hour (100K per year) + DOE
Contract-to-direct or Direct Hire
Drug screen required