Colorado Springs, Colorado
Summary/Objective: The Project Accountant is a key member of the Accounting Department serving on multiple teams to ensure accuracy and consistency of reported financial data.
This position will report to a Senior Project Accountant and may have duties and responsibilities across multiple groups within the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Project Accountant will be responsible for serving as a member of the accounting department, verifying and analyzing data, and building strong relationships with all departments served.
- Demonstrate understanding and alignment with the safety procedures and incorporate these into the department routines, as appropriate.
- Reconcile processed work through verifying project accounting entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Answer questions as it relates to project billing or payment issues.
- Make day-to-day decisions concerning the cost accounting treatment of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other financial transactions utilizing appropriate project accounting principles.
- Coordinate monthly project billing cycles with project teams.
- Recommend improvements, adaptations, or revisions in the accounting system and procedures.
- Demonstrate understanding and properly apply project accounting rules, policies and regulations across all types of transactions.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders regarding accounting transactions.
- Utilize standard spreadsheets and database software or accounting applications.
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve the accounting system and procedures, and recommend changes.
- Actively seek career and professional growth. Attend company and/or industry training offerings. Set performance and learning goals during performance reviews. Actively seek additional development, as appropriate. Demonstrate a willingness to receive and apply coaching and feedback.
- Represent the brand, ethics, and values in the workplace. Model desired professionalism, conduct, and behaviors. Foster collaboration and teamwork. Take initiative and responsibility for work quality.
- Communication – Written and Verbal
- Relationship Building
- Ethics and Integrity
- Attention to detail
- Problem Solving / Balance Decision Making
- Planning / Organizing
- Drive for Results
- Planning / Organizing
- Adaptability / Agility
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Data entry skills
- Skilled at receiving, understanding, and carrying out assignments with minimal supervision
- Learnability skills
- Prioritization skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Data analytics skills
- Information and digital literacy skills
- Skilled at discretion, confidentiality
- Knowledge of and skilled at accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience using eCMS or other database/accounting software
- Prior project accounting experience in the construction industry
Full-time M-F 8 am to 5 pm
Pay rate $21 per hour+ DOE