Colorado Springs, Colorado
The Staff Accountant coordinates the maintenance of the general ledger and corresponding account analyses and their interfaces with donor management system. Oversees purchasing and accounts receivable & payables along with designations payables, grant accounting & related reporting for the organization. This position reports directly to the Director of Finance.
- Produces bank reconciliation for multiple bank accounts, including a listing of outstanding checks.
- Assists with general ledger maintenance and prepares variance reports, balance sheet reconciliations, and financial statements.
- Reconciles detailed donor pledge management system to summarized general ledger posting.
- Prepares standard, general and adjusting journal entries, reviews and assists with creation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Makes bank deposits and bank account transfers as necessary.
- Produce invoices for outside parties. Verify the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents and reports.
- Process AP invoices.
- Maintains Payroll System and process bimonthly payroll, reporting and related balance sheet account analyses
- Supervises and maintains the procedure manual for accounts receivables & payables areas.
- Works with employees on expense reimbursements and monthly designation payouts.
- Preparation of annual 1099’s
- Assist with Annual Audit
- Participates in building-wide activities such as team building or internal campaign events.
- Visibly demonstrates UW Values of service, integrity, collaboration, accountability and innovation.
- Attends organizational, departmental and committee meetings as directed.
- Performs general office duties such as typing, filing, data entry, opening mail, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned, depending on workload.
- UW Core Competencies
- Customer Service Orientation
- Team Work & Cooperation
- Performance Focus
- Comfort with Innovation
- Creativity / Self Motivated
- Accounting Competencies
- Adherence to & Implementation of Policy
- Analytical Thinking
- Quality Orientation
- Excellent Planning & Follow Through
- Deadline centric
Education, Skills, Knowledge, Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum of five years accounting experience. Non-profit/Fund accounting experience is a plus.
- Experience with general ledger functions and accounts receivables/payables.
- Experience in accounting software, Preferably MIP
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with GAAP.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Customer relationship skills.
- PC proficiency- knowledge and expertise. Strong Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Sound judgment, discretion and commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Have attention to detail, ability to multitask, strong work ethic with emphasis on integrity and accountability.
Short-term: 3- 6 weeks approximately
Schedule: Full-time (8:30 AM- 5:00 PM Mon-Fri)