Colorado Springs, Colorado
Job Title: Production Planner
The Production Planner determine how goods will be produced based on sales forecast and the customers requirements taking into consideration raw material shortages in the stockroom. The Production Planner works closely with the Manufacturing Supervisor and Buyer/Planner to ensure production requirements run through manufacturing in a smooth and timely manner.
- Place manufacturing orders in the ERP system based on customer requirements.
- Communicate with Buyer/Planner regarding part shortages impacting manufacturing orders.
- Expedite or defer manufacturing orders as required based on schedule and/or inventory changes.
- Thorough understanding of manhours and machine hours for each product line released to manufacturing team.
- Thorough understanding of processes for each product line released to manufacturing team.
- Work with production supervisor on manufacturing order scheduling and status.
- Ensure manufacturing orders are completed on time.
- Responsible for coordinating and processing of shipment documentation in ERP system with manufacturing supervisor to customers for both new builds and RMA units and providing all required documentation to shipping department by appropriate shipping cut off time.
- Thorough understanding of customer deadlines and documentation requirements and ensure all requirements are correct and provided to shipping dept.
- Provide accurate information in status meetings, identifying what is on schedule to complete and if there are issues preventing schedule to be met provide details on what is preventing product from on time completion.
Education, Experience and Key Attributes
- 5-7 years of experience in buyer/planner/material scheduler role working for a direct manufacturer (required)
- Expert applied knowledge of forecasting, MRP, transportation and thorough understanding of inventory, purchasing and warehousing disciplines
- Proficient with MS Office suite – advanced skills with MS Excel
- Experience with Sage 300 a plus
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Excellent organization, communication and follow-up skills
- Able to influence others and manage conflict
- Ability to self-direct and take constructive action in ambiguous situations
- Extremely high standards of excellence
- Analytical with methodical approach to problem solving
Experience establishing and employing demand-pull production planning methods
Must be a US Citizen
Drug Screen and Background Check required
Contract to Direct
Monday through Friday 7am to 4pm/8am to 5pm