Colorado Springs, Colorado
JOB DESCRIPTION – ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT
- Verify daily credit card deposits, research variances, and resolve differences.
- Tracking of daily cash receipts with prior day sales.
- Check daily bank deposits for several restaurants and reconcile with armored car service as needed
- Record cash expenditures into accounting system and match to receipts.
- Collect sales tax information from 3rd party delivery services to be added to monthly sales tax filings.
- Prepare monthly sales tax summary reports for various entities.
- Prepare month-end inventory reporting and tracking of transfers between restaurants
- Prepare year-end 1099 MISC and 1099-NEC forms for several companies and maintain W9 files
- Various other duties as needed.
- Good oral and written communication skills (Spanish a plus)
- Excellent basic math and analytical skills
- Experience with cash and credit card sales reporting
- Experience with a high volume of transactions
- Proficient with basic Excel functions (sorting and filtering data, simple formulas) and willing to learn additional features
- Comfortable using a variety of software, including Outlook and Word, and willingness to learn new programs as needed
Pay rate $18 per hour + DOE
Full-time M-F 8 am to 5 pm