Colorado Springs, Colorado
We are looking for a CONTRACT-Accounting Manager to join our team in the United States. Estimated contract duration of 3 months.
Who Will Love This Job
- A problem solver: You thrive in an environment that tests ideas by building.
- Someone who is a “doer”: You find the opportunities to help customers and you take them.
- An organizer: Are highly organized and pride yourself on bringing order to chaos—you like systems that work well, and you are willing to help define them
What You'll Do
The Accounting Manager takes ownership of monthly close and reporting as well as bring expertise to automate and improve current processes. You'll manage monthly and annual closing, own the financial statement audit with our external CPA firm, assist with implementing systems and policies, support financial reporting, and partner with business stakeholders on ad-hoc projects.
- Prepare journal entries to record the activities of the business in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensure proper analysis is done to ensure the entries are accurate.
- Ensure proper documentation is prepared to support journal entries.
- Ensure entries are made timely and in the correct period.
- Drive the monthly financial close process including
- Preparation of account analysis and reconciliations.
- Meet with department heads to gather accurate accrual information.
- Preparation of monthly close entries.
- Performing analysis of actual results to understand and explain variances to budget, forecast and previous periods.
- Meeting established deadlines.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Develop accounting policies and documentation in the non-revenue areas, including lease accounting, equity compensation, accruals and capitalization versus expense classifications.
- Manage treasury function.
- Provide weekly cash flow forecasts.
- Reconcile worldwide cash balances.
- Manage all debt functions, including compliance reporting.
- Calculate and prepare commission statements according to compensation plans.
- Prepare financial statements, reports and analysis as needed to support senior management, the Board of Directors and external investors.
- Establish and ensure internal controls are properly followed with appropriate documentation.
- Assist in preparation for and support of external audits and other compliance including
- Preparation of supporting schedules
- Providing documents as needed
- Provide support for tax return preparation as needed on a timely basis.
- Implement system and process improvements as needed in order to obtain the right financial data quickly and efficiently
- Develop and nurture effective working relationships with associates across the company to understand the business.
If you have the following experience, we’d love to hear from you!
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ work experience in financial accounting with working knowledge of financial statements and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent; degree in accounting or finance required
Even Better If You Have:
- Advanced proficiency with financial reporting systems and Microsoft Office is required.
- Strong accounting expertise including latest developments from the FASB and other authorities, especially around new standards such as ASC 842.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and technical accounting standards, including reporting requirements. Ability to identify and research accounting issues.
- Capable of working independently and demonstrating the initiative and drive required to complete assignments, projects and accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
- As a software organization in transformation in a fast-paced company, our priorities change quickly. Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and thrive in such an environment that may require self-managing and self-instruction at chaotic times.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills. Financial statement must be accurate and presented in a logical way.
- Strong skills in utilizing financial systems efficiently and effectively including extracting and compiling data efficiently from financial systems. Experience with NetSuite a plus but not required.
- Ability to utilize an accounting research tools as needed.
- Need to be proficient in using accounting systems efficiently including extracting data out of the systems.
- Strong skills in extracting and compiling data efficiently and presenting the information in a logical and organized manner.
- Strong expertise in running projects from start to finish, including research, documentation and recommendations.
- Develop a strong understanding of the business and the key drivers of the financials –to support effective analysis around results.
- Advanced degree or CPA beneficial but not required.
Pay rate $60 per hour
Full-time M-F 8 am to 5 pm
Temporary: 3 month contract
100% Remote (work-from-home)