Colorado Springs, Colorado
Full-time Tax and Accounting
The ideal team member will be engaging clients regularly in developing life cycle strategies to meet client goals and develop and maintain meaningful relationships. You will have the opportunity to expand your tax knowledge and business consulting roles as a trusted advisor.
Job duties include:
- Conducting face-to-face tax interviews with clients to include collecting, analyzing, and organizing tax documents and information necessary to accurately prepare tax returns.
- Preparing complete and accurate personal and business tax returns to include compliance with applicable tax regulations using allowable deduction, credits and strategies to minimize tax obligations.
- Reviewing data input, as well as identifying and resolving technical tax issues.
- Reviewing client’s books, and participating in any cleanup work necessary.
- Performing cash flow planning/projections, preparation of working trial balances, adjusting journal entries, general ledger work, and tax accruals for stand-alone returns.
- Providing high quality client service and suggest appropriate additional service to enhance the client experience, retention and overall business growth.
- Advising and providing quality IRS support.
- Developing and updating tax planning for all clients continuously throughout the year.
- Providing regularly scheduled advice to clients on accounting, business and tax matter as a trusted advisor.
- Pro-actively following all processes that the firm developed for handling current, returning and new clients.
- Continuously work on improving skills and abilities.
- Learning and mastering all tax and office software.
- Working as a team with all staff members, and provide & receive feedback as necessary.
- Performing other duties as needed to support the tax team.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA, CPA eligible or Enrolled Agent certification including current PTIN
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in QuickBooks software to include Online
- 5+ years experience in accounting, finance, bookkeeping and tax
Full-time M-F 8 am to 5 pm (may include some Satursday and overtime during tax season)
Pay rate $20 per hour+DOE
Drug screen required