Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Plan, schedule and execute recurring preventive maintenance on various facilities systems.
- Troubleshoot issues and repair equipment using mechanical, electronic, and software skills. Work to increase facilities system uptime and availability through systematic problem solving, troubleshooting, and quality workmanship.
- Create and maintain equipment procedure and documentation. Record maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting in checklists and tracking programs.
- Evaluate trends in building systems to support continued improvement and efficiency projects.
- Work with and oversee vendors, contractors and suppliers as required.
- Own and maintain inventory of all building equipment, calibration equipment, supplies, tools, PPE and other equipment.
- Maintain physical site location to provide clean operating environment free from litter, dust, and pollutants.
- Transport material or supplies utilizing company vehicle.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A strong mechanical aptitude with demonstrated ability to safely use hand and power tools commonly used in mechanics, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC and electrical work.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation such as installation instructions, technical drawings, maps, plumbing and electrical schematics, panel schedules, datasheets and manuals.
- Demonstrated skill using a variety of measurement, calibration and diagnostic tools such as voltage-current meters, circuit testers, and oscilloscopes.
- Proven ability to problem solve and address root causes of facilities issues using basic data extraction, analysis, and reporting.
- Sufficient carpentry skill to accomplish basic drywall repair, painting, door/frame adjustments, installation of hanging or support equipment.
- Strong aptitude for software and computers including MS Office Applications, building automation systems, purchasing and inventory software and custom applications.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and effectively manage time and priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong safety mind set, not only in work practices, but also in identifying issues and corrective actions.
- Ability to work hours based on facilities and business needs, which may include skewed schedules with work on weekends and holidays as required.
- AS in Electronics, Engineering Technology or other technical field (Physics, or Math). Military experience in a related area of specialization, such as service technician, aircraft mechanic, or automotive is applicable.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ work experience in a commercial or industrial environment. Experience with manufacturing or cleanroom facilities preferred.
- Experience with 5S, lean and six sigma principles preferred.
- Certified in a trade discipline, preferred (licensed electrician, certified HVAC, commercial plumber).
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to drive forklift, scissor lift or other heavy machinery.
- Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Ability to pick-up minimum 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental and physical conditions inside and outside, to include inclement weather.
- Comfortable working on ladders, roofs, other heights, tight spaces and around loud machinery.
- Ability to work around and handle chemicals safely.
Subject to background check and drug screen
Contract to Direct
Schedule: Monday through Friday starting at 7am but must be flexible to work nights.