Colorado Springs, Colorado
Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that is team oriented and relationship driven to foster innovation and creativity within the space industry. Our motto "Ready For What's Next" reflects a commitment to continually leveraging our technical and intellectual strengths for the ultimate success of our customers.
Our client is a leader in satellite command and control solutions focused on DoD, Civil (NOAA/NASA), and classified customers. They are an agile and innovative solutions provider in that they integrate proprietary-developed products with 3rd party software, as well as design and develop new tools and applications to provide end-to-end systems that solve mission unique requirements.
The Proposal Manager will drive the overall proposal capture and development effort by leading a cross-functional team to develop responses that are compelling, compliant, and timely.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs carefully and thoroughly to develop a response plan and provide guidance and leadership for the proposal effort
- Creates proposal management plan, proposal kick-off meeting materials, proposal outline, and response schedule to guide the team in developing the response
- Facilitates the creation of the capture/strategy/solution sessions for the response to develop win themes, differentiators, and a compelling solution that addresses the SOW and evaluation criteria
- Leads the proposal kickoff meeting to discuss proposal requirements, writing assignments, win themes, and schedules
- Leads the proposal status meetings and debrief meetings
- Facilitates/coordinates responses to questions regarding RFPs/RFIs
- Writes proposal sections or whole proposals depending on the nature of the tasks required
- Schedules and manage all reviews to ensure that all responses are compelling, compliant, and well written
- Manages technical writing assignments to ensure that submissions are compliant with the outline and RFP instructions and address win themes
- Oversees the proposal production and delivery, ensuring quality and compliance with all RFP requirements
- Capture lessons learned and implement improvements to the proposal process and content
- Reviews proposal sections developed by members of proposal teams, providing guidance and recommendations, and editing sections as appropriate
- Reviews and analyzes solicitation and related documents, ensuring final proposal product is compliant and delivered on schedule
- As required, participates in gate reviews of proposal materials developed by other proposal managers for compliance and proposal readiness to submit.
- Drives compliance to good proposal management techniques and processes and procedures
- Lead regular proposal progress status meetings and maintain the proposal schedule
- Leads Pink, Blue, and Red Team reviews
- Work with the Volume Leaders to ensure inter-volume compatibility is achieved
- Develop a Red Team plan for the final review and internal evaluation of the proposal
- Ensure that appropriate Red Team comments are incorporated into the final proposal
- Other reasonable and normal duties associated with the Proposal Manager position, as directed by the Director of Contracts, Business Development/Capture Manager
- Identifies support and resources needs from the functional organizations, as well as contractors and subcontractors.
- Works with Program Managers assigned by the VP of Programs to support the proposal activity as well as ensure smooth transition from proposal to execution, ensuring proposal commitments are understood early and thoroughly, enhancing programmatic situational awareness.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- A working knowledge of government and military contracts, GSA, FAR and DFAR is required.
- The skill to independently define, schedule, and manage the proposal preparation process, including the ability to understand and analyze the details of an RFP is a must.
- Demonstration of the necessary personality and leadership skills to engage and motivate a diverse group of Engineers, Program Managers, Consultants and Subcontractors in a matrixed organization is required.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral); including a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is a necessity.
- Exceptional facilitation and organization skills are required.
- Ability to take direction and follow through independently on research activities.
- Sound interpersonal skills inclusive of written and oral communications.
- Ability to work effectively under time sensitive deadlines.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Be familiar with DoD, commercial and international acquisition practices.
- Ability to make sound decisions in stressful business situations.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working independently. Influencing decisions/changes, communication and team skills will be critical to the successful execution of the duties of the position.
- Active Security Clearance desired.
- This position is located in Colorado Springs, CO.
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S degree; Business Administration concentration is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in similar activities, or directly related work experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones).
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Drug test and background required
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
Hours: Full time