Colorado Springs, Colorado
This position exists to test, calibrate, maintain, and repair electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, analytical and electronic measuring, recording and indicating instruments and equipment.
ESSENTIAL/MAJOR ELEMENTS OF POSITION
- Calibrates, adjusts, and performs basic repairs on measurement tools and equipment.
- Coordinates scheduling throughout the facility for internal and external calibrations.
- Operates and maintains the Precision Measurement and Test Equipment Online Calibration System.
- Creates and maintains Quality Assurance calibration documentation and develops measurement solutions to meet special circumstances.
- Maintains Quality Assurance documentation and develops measurement solutions to meet special circumstances.
- Occasionally, the incumbent will be asked and expected to perform various, miscellaneous, and non-standard duties as required. Such duties are diversified in nature and may be changed from time to time to suit the needs of the company.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Necessary to Successfully Perform this Position:
- Must be able to communicate principles and concepts of metrology and contribute to engineering projects
- Must be familiar with Force Gage, Pressure Gage and Oven Survey calibration methods and processes.
- Ability to establish and meet departmental long and short term goals
- Must have the ability to research, recommend, and acquire new standards and other capital equipment, providing detailed justifications and cost analyses as required
- Must be able to coordinate time effectively
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
Education Level Desired:
- A.A. in a technical discipline or Military PMEL school minimum
- M.E. Degree w/Metrology experience preferred
- ASQ Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) preferred
Prior Experience Level Desired:
- 5-10 years experience in physical/mechanical discipline
- American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) or National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NAVLAP) experience a plus
- Calibration Management Software package: i.e. GAGEtrak, Blue Mountain, MudCats, EnGage, ProCal, etc.
- Experience in the operation of Pratt & Whitney Supermicrometer, Agilent Datalogger,
- Fluke Pressure Standards and dead weight calibration methods for precision scales and balances
Contract to Direct
Monday through Friday