Tool and Diemaker
Tool and Diemaker
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops die function and structure by studying blueprints of die, product, and
- prototypes; applying knowledge of material under stress, machining, and assembly
- methods, and mathematics.
- Machines parts by measuring, marking, and scribing stock setting up and operating
- lathe, mill, radial drill, shaper, grinder, etc.
- Confirms parts by comparing measurements to specifications.
- Works to very close tolerances.
- Assembles die by shaping, smoothing, and fitting parts with grinders, files, stones, etc.
- Confirms assembly by verifying dimensions, clearances, and alignment of parts and
- components with micrometers, thickness gauges, gauge blocks, dial indicators, etc.
- Completes assembly by bolting and doweling parts and components together with
- hammers, wrenches, etc. connecting wiring and hydraulic lines.
- Confirms performance of die by installing die inspecting operation of die making
- adjustments comparing finished product to specifications.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering assembly to meet specifications notifying
- supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking supplies to determine amount available.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions,
- irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing logs in MP2.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Follows all Qualtek safety rules and reports any potential safety issues to the Safety
- Representative or Management.
- Other duties, as required.
- Strong communication skills
- Infectious positivity
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Eagerness to learn
- Required Qualifications:
- Journeyman Tool and Diemaker certification.
- 2 year Technical degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as a Tool and Diemaker.
- Very strong background in precision die trouble shooting.
- Strong knowledge of class “A” die design and principles.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, communication and teamwork.
- Time management skills.
- Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of feed systems and a variety of sensors.
- Competent forklift handling.
- Contribute to team effort by performing work in other areas/jobs of the machine shop as
- Proficient in SolidWorks, Esprit, Excel and MP2 software.
- HAAS machining center programming and operation.
Schedule: Full-time, Monday thru Thursday, 6:00am – 4:30pm