Sales Support Specialist
Sales Support Specialist
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Outbound Sales Support Specialist
Contacts prospective customers in defined dialing lists to further the relationship and transfer to a licensed sales rep. Contacts existing customers to avoid policy cancelation, collect payments, update policy information and assist with customer requests. Provides administrative support to the Sales Enterprise including scheduling, rewriting of policies, referral entry, assignment of leads and billing.
50%- Customer calls
Calls prospective customers using professional communication methods to overcome objectives and generate interest in receiving a quote. Identifies customer needs and schedules a call back with, or transfers customer, to a licensed sales rep. Takes Inbound calls from the queue and assists customers with questions, issues/binds policies (only if licensed), or arranges a call back from a licensed sales rep to issue a quote. Returns messages from the after-hours voicemail box.
Rewrites expired policies for Sales Representatives. Completes requests from Underwriting and Sales Representatives for EOI to mortgage companies. Collects payments from customers including non-pay balances, corrects billing issues, updates customer banking information, and calls lenders to request payment and suspense utilizing various California Casualty systems (i.e. BillingCenter, Guidewire, SMART, QuotePortal).
25%- Administrative Support
Schedules sales reps for Saturday and Sunday shifts. Enters data for referrals as well as customer address changes and paperless billing setup. Processes mail, Sales faxes, and Sales Department folder. Responds to inquiries from “Connections” newsletter (published by Marketing Services). Administers DocuSign for necessary policy forms. Pushes “Red Hots” in SalesForce for OB Sales Reps and assists with lead assignment in the LMS for Outbound Sales. Conducts required monthly research on the top 10 states identified in the monthly Sales newsletter and shares findings with the Sales Enterprise.
Other duties as required: Job may require fulfilling other incidental or related duties as assigned, assisting and training others, and performing duties of higher rated positions from time to time for developmental purposes.
Behavioral Competencies for Outbound Sales Support Specialist:
- Initiating Action (Company Core Behavior): Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Customer Focus (Company Core Behavior): Ensuring that the (internal or external) customer's perspective is a driving force behind strategic priorities, business decisions, organizational processes, and individual activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs; promoting and operationalizing customer service as a value.
- Earning Trust (Company Core Behavior): Gaining others' confidence by acting with integrity and following through on commitments while disclosing own positions; treating others and their ideas with respect and supporting them in the face of challenges.
- Building Customer Loyalty (Company Core Behavior): Meeting and exceeding (internal or external) customer expectations while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust.
- Sales Persuasion: Gaining prospect or customer commitment to a product, service, or idea by using effective influence strategies.
- Valuing Differences: Working effectively with individuals of diverse cultures, interpersonal styles, abilities, motivations, or backgrounds; seeks out and uses unique abilities, insights, and ideas from diverse individuals.
- Continuous Learning (Company Core Behavior): Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Targeting Sales Opportunities: Identifying the most promising new sales opportunities by uncovering emerging business and market issues, and then identifying potential customer organizations and their influential decision makers who would be interested in improving these business results.
- Building Networks: Taking action to establish and maintain connections with people outside one's formal work group, including those outside the organization (e.g., peers, cross-functional partners, and vendors) who are willing and able to provide the information, ideas, expertise, and/or influence needed to achieve work goals.
- Building Influential Partnerships: Leveraging relationships with internal and external partners to persuade key stakeholders to take action that will address customers' needs and advance sales.
Business Experience for Outbound Sales Support Specialist:
- Customer Service: Previous customer service or call center experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to listen and question prospects to effectively match needs and develop and maintain collaborative relationships with work groups and potential customers.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Pay rate $17.00 + DOE
Hours: Full time working 2 day shift (8:30 AM- 5 PM) & 3 day shift (10:30 AM- 7 PM) Monday -Friday. One Saturday shift each month for 4 hours (over time)
Must be available to work some Saturdays