Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Specialist for the City of Fountain
Under the supervision of the Customer Service Supervisor, the incumbent will provide information and process requests and payments in response to inquiries about utility products and services.
The purpose of this position is to conduct front office Customer Service functions of the City’s Utilities Customer Service Department. This includes establishing contact with both internal and external customers, providing requested information or assistance concerning utility services, posting payments, balancing daily transactions, and supporting and adhering to all policies and procedures, including the Identity Theft Prevention Policy.
This job/class works under close supervision according to set procedures.
• Maintains and supports a positive, collaborative culture within the City organization as a whole, fully embracing the cultural and values statements espoused by the City.
• Analyzes consumption patterns and troubleshoots high bill complaints.
• Provides requested information or assistance concerning utility services by phone and in person.
• Identifies researches and processes customer payments; reconcile and balance daily transactions.
• Consults with customers by phone, in person, email or fax to process all service requests.
• Adheres to all Privacy, Identity Theft and departmental policies.
• Processes requests for unpaid water, change of address, death certificates, POAs, property management agreements, letters of credit, rebates and third party notifications.
• Resolves billing/service complaints.
• Maintains radio communication with electric warehouse.
• Schedules appointments for water meets and water meter repairs.
• Alphabetizes, sorts and files documentation.
• Explains to users how to navigate the COF Utilities website and/or AMI portal.
• Processes and negotiates payment arrangements.
• Explains use of utilities equipment and resolves related equipment issues.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with citizens and co-workers.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Secures lobby area as needed.
• Performs other duties and special projects as directed by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
Requires High School graduation or GED equivalent supplemented by specialized courses/training equivalent to completion of one year of college in Business, Finance or closely related field.
Requires two years’ experience in customer service or closely related experience.
Requires banking or Teller experience
Certificate or licenses:
• Requires a valid Colorado driver’s license.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Handles or uses computers or work aids involving some latitude for judgment regarding attainment of a standard or in selecting appropriate items.
Performs sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and involves sustained keyboard operations.
The majority of this position’s duties are performed inside, within a protected facility. Incumbent may occasionally be required to function in an out-of-door environment.
Frequently encounters the noise of office machines and conversation and may be subject to poorly ventilated conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Able to obtain the following ICS Certifications: IS100.
Impact of Errors
The impact of errors is moderately serious – affects work unit and may affect other units or citizens.
Long-term: Approximately 4 months (with potential to go into a temp-to-hire position)
Schedule: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Monday- Friday)
Drug screen required