Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Provide expert safety & health leadership and guidance to internal and external jobsites and employees
- Develop, implement and manage policies, procedures and practices to ensure a safe work environment for the maintenance, operation and construction of jobsites
- Collaborate with others to develop and facilitate safety training programs
- Prepare and conduct safety meetings
- Conduct jobsite safety audits and inspections
- Manage workman's compensation claims, communicate with designated providers and claims representatives
- Engages employees to evaluate safety performance
- Conduct trend analysis and develop methods to control, abate and correct safety hazards
- Conduct incident investigations and apply hazard analysis and root-cause methodologies
- Evaluate and develop safety and health controls for complex projects
- Work with project managers in developing Activity Hazard Analysis documents for Army Corps managed jobsites
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, NEC, IEEE, ANSI and ASTM
- Participate in safety plan reviews to ensure hazards are identified and controlled
- Participate in safety professional organizations and stay current with industry trends, developments and regulatory issues
- Demonstrated 5-7 years' of progressively responsible and transferable experience in construction safety and health.
- Strong regulatory compliance experience in electrical safety.
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental and Occupational Health or Safety Engineering with coursework in Ergonomics, Industrial Hygiene, Industrial Engineering. Preferred certifications are Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Occupational Hygiene and Safety Technician (OHST), Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST).
Pay rate: 58K DOE
Contract to Direct
Full time hours M-F